Art and Illustrations
We offer unique and original art and illustrations. These artworks can be created and adapted to suit the specific look, mood and theme of your narrative.
(Animations can also be supplied upon request.)
What we require:
You want an art and illustration / original artwork to be done? YAY! You have come to the right place!
You will need to supply the following:
- Is there a specific medium you are wanting your artwork to be created in?
Medium = chalk / water colour / oil paint / colour pencils / sketch artwork / charcoal / ink / digital artwork
- You are more than welcome to have a mixed-media artwork where we will combine any of the above processes together.
- A reference image of the particular art style you are wanting us to apply to your artwork. This also helps us target your preference with regards to the colours, mood and feel.
- If you are wanting illustrations for a story book, then a brief outline of the narrative is required. This is vital for us to understand the personality of the characters.
- Our graphic design team also needs to know if you are wanting them to create the layout for the final book / print version?
- We generally charge a flat rate per artwork, but we do apply a per hour billing if there are multiple artworks as this will cover the illustrators time, materials and money.
The work process:
- pencil sketches will be supplied in the concept stage of your artwork.
- Once these are approved, we shall then proceed with the final development (in the medium of your choice). Remember; costs will be factored in according to the materials you are wanting ie. pencil and coloured pencils are much cheaper than oil paints and certain water colours.
- You must state the format that you would like these final artworks to be in; digital (JPEG, PNG, TIFF etc) or courier costs must be discussed if you are wanting the original artwork to be sent to you. PostNet is strongly recommended as this has a national set rate when delivering in South Africa. Alternate options will be discussed with international clients.
Meet the artist
Tracy Marais is our talented artist and has an outstanding record that can be viewed on her Upwork Profile. She is easy to communicate with and has an excellent work ethic which is vouched for by her international clients. She is studying for her Honors in Illustration through the Interactive Design Institute (IDI) at the University of Hertfordshire in the UK.
Her talents lie in book illustration and character development, but she doesn't let this limit artwork experimentation. Tracy creates her own textures and processes that allow the rest of the team to work with confidence as they execute their original artworks (and designs).